Vehicle Technician - Yeomans Citroen Fareham
We are currently looking for a vehicle technician to join our friendly and busy team located in Fareham. Previous experience with Citroen and an MOT testing certificate is desirable, but not essential.
As part of your role, you will be responsible for the diagnosis, repair, and service of the full range of Citroen vehicles. You will have access to regular support and technical information, as well as training to Citroen manufacturer standards.
- Undertake the timely repair and servicing of customer vehicles in accordance with the brands technical standards.
- Conduct full examinations of vehicles and identify non-routine defects, or additional faults either in the workshop or during road tests.
- Undertake Electronic Vehicle Health Checks and Video Health Checks.
- Undertake vehicle road testing for diagnosis and to test repairs.
- Work closely with the service team and ensure they are kept informed of the progress of work on customer vehicles, and that they are fully briefed on work completed. Discuss technical issues/works directly with customers when requested.
- Provide a knowledgeable, courteous, responsive, and efficient service to all workshop customers.
- Obtain appropriate authorisation if additional work is required on a vehicle.
- Build and maintain a high level of technical competence for diagnosing and servicing vehicles and utilise regular training.
- Be open to trying new methods of work designed to improve efficiency.
- Relevant formal qualification.
- Possess good communication skills with the ability to explain technical information to colleagues and customers in an accurate and concise manner.
- Be passionate about the industry, and committed to the development of your own technical knowledge and skills.
- Customer centricity is key; keep customer experience and safety in mind throughout the service, diagnosis and repair.
- Be a Team Player: Assist other technicians when the workshop is under pressure, and take ownership of any safety issues you identify in the workshop.
- An eye for detail: Thorough and able to work with defined processes and guidelines.
- Quality focused with a ‘first time fix’ mentality.
- Operate with integrity. Yeomans is built on trust.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent working environment with the opportunity to progress.
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com