1. How often do Hybrids batteries need replacing?
The batteries that are designed in each of the Hybrid cars are to last a lifetime of the vehicle. You will notice when it is time to replace the battery as the engine will almost run constantly, especially under light acceleration and fuel economy will fall significantly. The Hybrid cars will still run with a dead battery but a new one will keep it running just like new for years.
When purchased from new, all Hybrid components benefit from our 5 year/100,000 miles* warranty. All Hybrid cars that pass the Hybrid Health check will benefit for a further 1 year / 10,000 miles* of Hybrid Battery Extended care. *whichever is soonest.
2. Can I replace a Hybrid battery beyond warranty?It is possible to replace a Hybrid battery beyond its warranty. Prices vary depending on model as outlined below. Please contact your local dealer for more details.
3. Can the Hybrid battery be recycled?
Your nearest Toyota Authorised Repairer will help remove and dispose of any Hybrid battery. Since the EU Directive 2006/66/EC was implemented in 2006, the final treatment companies responsible for recycling the nickel Hybrid batteries found in cars just like the Yaris Hybrid, are all legally required to meet a target recycle weight of 50%.
4. What happens if my battery runs out of charge?
Toyota Hybrids will not run out of charge as the battery charges itself. The system continually monitors the petrol and battery engine together and seamlessly switches in-between engines when necessary.
5. Is it expensive to service a Hybrid?
All Hybrid vehicles will cost the same as any other conventional car for servicing as these can be carried out by any Toyota Authorised Repairer. Some parts of the Hybrid vehicle such as the brake pads may have less wear due to the benefits of the Hybrid regenerative braking system.
6. Can a Hybrid continue to run on electricity when it runs out of fuel?
No. All our full-Hybrids are designed to operate in electric-only modes, they have not been designed to run without fuel. Doing so can cause severe damage to the Hybrid system.